Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday bits

Jim, Susi, Leslie and Jordan Alvillar

Just back from my post-work walk. Ah - so good! It must be about 50 degrees but no wind. Took the route through my favorite cemetery - Calvary, near our home. Such a spiritual place for me - even on a power walk. I see Carol Glynn's new resting place - RIP lovely lady.

So many people claim Autumn as their favorite season. Not I. I love spring - green buds, grass and flowers just waiting to burst forth. Bugs haven't awakened yet. Oh the possibilities!

Got a long newsy email from sister Susi. Dad used to say "Sioux See" with soft S's. Just to warp her name like he did all of our names "Forsythia" Loose Leaf" Betso Bean" Her name was originally spelled Susie - at some point she dropped the name in a fit of originality, or to set herself apart from all the other Susans in the Class of 1969. I'll have to ask her sometime.

Anyway, all is good with the Alvillars - much quieter year in 2011 after 3 big events in 2010 - Leslie's wedding, David's wedding and Jordan's graduation from college. They lost their sweet doggie Lucy recently and the house is quiet. Jordan is now living in Denver near our very own Amy - so we should get to see them Memorial Day. Yay!

No comments: