Sunday, March 6, 2011

New excercise idea

I'll fun myself into it. I haven't had much luck making myself do stuff I dread. And Paul hasn't been supportive of my purchase of a Wii system. So yesterday a.m. I bought a $10 Hip Hop exercise video - 5 x 10 minute routines.

I almost bought a Billy what's his name video -the kick boxer guy. Deb, Patti and I used to faithfully go through that routine or another video at the YMCA, before Deb became the Y Teacher lady. But in that case I had peer pressure and my key workout time - early morning on my side. These days I've got schedule excuses and no workout buddies to press me on getting into shape. But I wisely decided if I got a video that I hated doing, it would end up gathering dust. I need something fun!

Even though I weigh less than I have in years, I'm in the worst shape I've been in for years. Flab does not become me. I hate it, but have been full of excuses this winter. I didn't like the yuppified Waukee YMCA for $55/month - but that also cuts me off from working out with my buddies here at the Y on Fridays. I have learned to dread the treadmill at Joan's. I need something to do until I can get outside routinely and walk and bike.

I broke out the Hip Hop video this a.m. while Paul was gone. One of my biggest problems is I have a huge ego. I hate to look stupid even in front of my own spouse who loves me. And that video made me look stupid! I've always thought of myself as a fairly coordinated individual. I suck at hip hop. (no comments from offspring).

But I did work up a sweat and it was fun - not something I dread. And even though I am not good at learning dance routines, I will keep working on it and will catch on. And imagine everyone's surprise when I sport those moves on the dance floor soon!

1 comment:

amy e. goldsmith said...

the new moves would HAVE to be an improvement from the pelvic thrust.