Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My boyfriend

My boyfriend swept into town last night, and we shared an evening at the Marriott Downtown. It was fabulous.

He picked me up at work. I packed a bag the night before, and informed my roomie not to expect me at her place. Tuesday I had a meeting in Iowa City. We got back around 3:30, and I waited nervously for my honey to call.

He was in town for a state meeting. In good pants. And a nice shirt and tie. Looking all sexy. He called around 4:45 to say he was on his way to pick me up. I practically bolted out the door and made it to my car to pick up my bag just in time.

We checked into the hotel at the same time as a bunch of school people. It was a madhouse. My guy chose to utilize the valet parking service - how suave! We went up to the room and put on our comfy clothes. I hated to see him take off his handsome outfit.

Later we walked through the skywalk system to get to Court Avenue for a bite to eat. For real excitement we watched our fave TV show - The Good Wife - together. We talked, but sometimes we were just happy being together while I read my book and he read USA Today.

I like spending time with my boyfriend, my best friend, my husband of 29 (in August) Paul George Goldsmith.

1 comment:

amy e. goldsmith said...

that was so cute i almost puked.