Friday, March 11, 2011

Mary's birthday

Today is my friend Mary's birthday. Another one of my fave fishies - just like Pablo the poolboy. I'm a Scorpio and I must match up marvelously with Pisces, and others from the cusp - Robbie Dob (3/23) Susan S. 3/24.

I heard today, whilst visiting Family Shoe Store a rumor that Mary will receive her PhD from Iowa State University the same night Jud receives his Bachelor's Degree - May 6th. Dr. Shoe filled us in. (note Paul G. was successful in his bid - he came with me to muffle in my shopping attempts. There were some sweet Merrills in the Bargain Basement) Wow! Finally a degree from a quality university in Iowa. (just a lil joke - her undergrad is from UNI and Masters from U of I).

I admire my pal so much. She left a less than ideal marriage, moved her children to Northwest Iowa and supported them mostly on her own all while attaining her Masters Degree. Then she began tackling her doctorate.

Perhaps I'll get to see her that night. Jud and friends may rent a bar for the evening - maybe I can scare up an invite for my friend Mary - the Doctor!

No comments: