Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oprah's Nate

I do love Oprah's Nate - Berkus that is. He's understands my decorating style. In an article I just finished up from the February magazine, there are several quote from him that I could really relate to.

I think it all goes back to Pat B, really. Nate, and Pat decorating like they live and their style tell (told) that story. And that's how the Bullock girls decorate. As I look around my living room. Or my bedroom. Or even my cubicle in the wretched Wallace Building. I'm surrounded by my life!

First there are life size pics of my fave kids in the room. Okay they're not actually life size. But pretty big. And my WWII recycling poster, croqueted Goldsmith, painted shoe form of Mom's, Venice postcard framed by Janis Owens, Moki cream pitcher, Music box from form Uncle Vern.

I know, I'm not supposed to love stuff. But oh I do! My things are so comforting to me. I can't imagine living in a place where you just pay someone else to buy beautiful things to make a room look nice. So impersonal - like a motel room. My walls might be kitchy but their mine.

No comments: