Monday, March 28, 2011

Donating

I donated blood today. It's my Lenten thing. In past years I've given up stuff. One year I gave up Internet sites, or certain foods. This year I decided to give up blood. It involved getting out of my comfort zone to make an appointment at a place I have walked by for years - the blood center on Locust, near where I work.

Once I started looking into it, making the appointment was pretty slick. It was right online. And the center just changed names - to the Life Serve Blood Center:
http://www.bloodcenterofiowa.org/news.aspx

When I got there, it took scant minutes to check in. I didn't have to fill out a long form. The medical stuff I had to answer was a slick online form. Everyone was extremely nice and the place was clean and well lit. My iron was stellar and the finger prick wasn't too bad. The tech struggled to find my vein - they all do. But she did good and struck red gold. I was outa there in an hour.

I feel good about my donation. O Positive, baby!

No comments: