Sunday, March 13, 2011

Performance art shopping

You know the types. They're the people who think you want to be involved in their shopping experience. You're shopping, minding your own business and they're playing to you! Talking extra loud in the aisle by you, trying to be funny - to engage you in their "stuff". Only they're not - funny.

The worst ones have kids. They really think they are clever and funny. Especially places like WalMart...all dressed in NASCAR (or Hawkeye...same difference - I know my bias is showing) outfits.

Of course there are the "solo" players. Those are the people on cell phones, bellowing loudly as if those things don't have good microphones. It may have been impressive 10 years ago when everyone and their bro didn't have cellies. But hey, now we all gots 'em! You're not so special! And guess what? We're not so sure you're not just pretending to talk to someone...

Okay, rant over. Just had to get that off my chest. Thanks for being there for me.

I've been reading about these women writing "mommy blogs" who are reaping big rewards. They have lots of followers and thus market power. So they're asked to test drive cars, try cell phones and other cool stuff.

Hey - companies! I'm here - I have at least fifteen followers. I'm a fifty something mommy! Where's my stuff? I could try wrinkle cream, foot pads, cell phones for bad eyes and ears...the list could go on and on! What about vacation and retirement spots?

No comments: