Monday, March 21, 2011

Dang these hormones

Three days, three migraines. I believe my lonely only 53-year old ovary (sorry any guy readers - avert eyes) is the culprit. The other lil walnut sized nugget was removed during my hysterectomy 1.5 years ago. I could have opted to get 'em both removed....but I chickened out. I didn't want to go through menopause cold turkey.

So hear I am...suffering the consequences. Of hormones running rampant. Cramps over the weekend. And headaches. Bitch! (I don't know who, I just felt like calling someone that) I didn't really even act bitchy over the weekend. Ah well - at least I'm not having many hot flashes yet.

Taking my headache drugs that many days in a row ends up wiping me out. And wouldn't you know it - Joan called, and her sis was in town for dinner and a movie. I was too tired to do either. Debbie Downer on Drugs that's me! So I shopped a bit and came home to Joan's.

On a lil funnier note, I, Nancy Drew Jr. have solved the "Riddle of Amy's Guy Friend's Name". You see, for some time now, I'd suspected that Amy had a new guy "friend" she'd been hanging out with in Vail. Yet, she wasn't speaking of it. So Paul and I started calling him "He Who Shall Not Be Named" (like the really bad guy in Harry Potter). Amy doesn't rush to tell me of her beaus - as I can be a bit of a stalker....I know, it's embarrassing. I don't want my baby girl dating a serial killer or anything, so I used to check them out on Iowa Courts Online.

So it became a joke between us. Not speaking his name. Yet I was determined, on my own to ferret it out...on my own. It took several weeks. But with 2 clues - from her blog: He's from New Jersey. And from her Facebook - a photo. Yesterday I found a pic of him on her friend's Facebook. A guy, from NJ, and he's a friend of Amy's too - looks like the guy in Amy's photo. Bingo!

Amy's in Turkey - but I was able to send her this message yesterday: Nancy Drew believes she has finally solved the riddle! It was Colonel Mustard in the library with XX (I'm not giving you his name..figure it out yourself!) ha! That is "He Who's" name - right?!?

Game over. I really should have been a private investigator...why am I wasting my time in trash??

1 comment:

LeLo said...

i know his name... amy told me!