Thursday, March 24, 2011

Got an offer!

It was a pretty good day today, for a Thursday, even though I didn't get to go home. The 9.75 hour work day went by pretty quickly, actually. It was chilly out, so I didn't mind staying in at lunch and eating tuna. I kept busy finishing up designing a Survey Monkey survey for our stakeholders. Kinda fun really.

We had a pre-EMS (Environmental Management System - with a 9 member Council made up of a variety of stakeholders) meeting meeting today. The EMS meeting is tomorrow - and is bound to be contentious. A couple meetings ago a kinda got emotional and spoke up too much. But hey, last meeting I did great! So, note to self - zip lip again tomorrow. My boss Brian gave me "the look" today when he said "let's all keep our emotions in check" or something to that effect. What?? Me, lippy?

After work I attended the Planned Parenthood book sale. I got a cookbook, a couple books for Pablo (poolboy books on pool maintenance) a couple novels and a CD.

And I got the best phone call I've had in a long while! Jud called once - we discussed his job hunting dilemma - he'd gotten a call from a recruiter advising him of a job he should apply for at a coffee maker manufacturer 60 miles SW of Des Moines. Jud gulped - That's in Creston! Ick! I told him not to rule anything out - perhaps this was how he could break into the working world...and it's not that far from KC where his girlfriend Kara will be living. My maternal pep talk. He agreed to at least apply.

He also had an interview lined up in Minneapolis Monday. While he was in class, he'd had a call from the Altec Company rep he'd interviewed with two weeks ago, but had missed it, and the guy was gone for the day when he returned the call after 5 PM.

Jud and roomies - and, oh look who's in the back ground!
Five minutes later he called back jubilant. He has a job offer from Altec in St. Jo, Missouri! It even came with a signing bonus. St. Jo is just an hour from Kansas City. And isn't that far from Creston either. Yep - a pretty good day...

1 comment:

Kris said...

Yaaaay! Man it feels so good to graduate with a job! Congrats to Jud - now he can just kind of "coast" through the semester, haha. Great news!