Saturday, March 26, 2011

The big unit

Sharon and Al
It was Allan Higgin's birthday yesterday. So of course we had to get together to celebrate - the tailgating-Ozarks/vacation group. We met at - where else - A&G for pizza. And a few drinks. Higgins, McKims (they were suprisingly early), McFees (farmer time late), Pablo and me.

Al can do about anything. Yard stuff, build a gorgeous house, rebuild a car - he can do it all. Al loves babies and seems to be a great dad. Plus he's a handsome dude married to a wonderful lady, Sharon for 40 years. I'm sure he's got some bad habits - but he seems to keep them well hidden!

We ended up the night - of course - at Sidetracked. I have started to dislike the place less. Last night there was even a lime in my vodka tonic. It was pathetic, but there. There is a regular bunch of people that hangs out at the joint. Barflies, ya know. Last night we were part of that crowd - not that I'm bragging. John Carroll joined us as we talked about RAGBRAI - the bike ride across Iowa.

It probably wasn't Al's most fun bday ever - but I was glad to spend it with a great guy and good friend. Happy Birthday Allan - and many more!

No comments: