Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Historic Williamsburg

First - Amy G is back in the US of A. Yay! She got to Denver this evening, but I spoke to her around 1 PM, during her layover in Detroit - her voice was music to my ears!

And now our regularly scheduled program:
I visited Historic Williamsburg today. At least that's what I told my husband...because when I said on Sunday, "I'm thinking of going to Williamsburg." He asked, "Williamsburg? Williamsburg?" Like he didn't know exactly what I was talking about. So I said, "you know, historical Williamsburg."

You see, Iowa's biggest Outlet Mall is there - the Tanger Outlet - just off the Interstate about 15 miles west of Iowa City. So it IS historic! I have a great deal of outlet history with that place...we used to stop on our way to George and Laura Goldsmith's in Earlville.

So I left work a bit early and headed east on I-80. When I got there, I spent about an hour in the Eddie Bauer store, after a brief walk through at Hush Puppy (they carry Merrill). I purchased a few tops there, and tried on some pants but no go. Then I headed to Jockey, where I'm on the "friends" list. I had an email coupon for 40% off bras. Ended up with 3 of them plus 3 tanks (a/k/a wifebeaters).

I was sorry to note that the Fossil outlet was history on my historical tour. ;>(. I stayed on my mission. Last I hit Vanity Fair, after walking through Reebok. Tried on a few things, and ended up with some black capris, $10 green canvas pants and a couple pairs of shorts for Paul. A job well done! I was back at Joan's by 7:30 PM!

Next - I can't wait until my vaction when I get to investigate the streets of that other magic place in old Fort Myers - Miramar. There's a Columbia Outlet store there!!

No comments: