Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dating site commercials

There sure are a lot of 'em. I'm watching TNT on a Saturday a.m. I've noticed an increase in Match.com and other dating site commercials this winter. There must be a lot of people looking for that special someone. Can't they meet people in a bar while drunk, like we used to? haha

It must be hard to meet a guy when you're my age. Or thirty five, or forty. I can't imagine being single. And lonely.

Imagine going through that initial dating stage - awkward stuff like trading information on backgrounds. They wouldn't know all of your "stuff". Paul has known me since childhood and knows my friends from way back (and how weird you all are...tee hee). And think if you met someone from a different era - they'd have different era music memories/tastes and high school/college stuff. Live my supervisor's hubby who is like 7 years older than her. Totally different music era...

And you'd have to pretend to be nice. A sweet girl. Oooh that would be especially difficult for me. I don't know if I ever did that with Paul at age 21. Most guys wouldn't put up a strong personality like me. Good thing I don't have to think about it.

No comments: