Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My hunnie's birthday

Pablo the Poolboy came to the big city for his birthday. It was nice to see him on a work night - I looked forward to it all day. (That and getting my hair highlited. Sarah the hair dresser worked her magic! ) I tried to talk him into going to Nick's for supper, but he had his heart set on some Friday's ribs. He quite enjoyed them too! I think he liked his bday presents - 2 new sharp knives for our kitchen, a new Cyclone (what else!?!) top, and some DVDs of movies we'll enjoy seeing.

My baby girl called with some good news today. She landed a job doing marketing at Marczyk's Fine Foods in Denver during the height of the recession. During the past couple years she's worked her tail off, and the managers have slowly worked her into positions of more and more responsibility.

So the past couple months, Amy has been pushing for a raise. She realized that some others at the company make more money than she does. She's a college grad and is ready to make big-girl money! So recently she went through the torture of asking for a raise. It wasn't easy, and didn't come about without angst! I'm not sure I could have gone through with it at her age...but she did.

Now she has a dilemma - they have given her a choice of two jobs. One is doing the same thing she's doing now. The other is more accounting and human resources related. I'm sure she'll make the right decision. The kid has a pretty good head on her shoulders! Her dad and I are very proud of her.

No comments: