Monday, February 28, 2011

Disney

I keep seeing the Disney commercials on TV - the ones with the kids who find out they're going to Disney World. Betsy and I got to go with Mom and Dad when I was about 15. I remember Dad pushing me around with his hand on my neck. Space Mountain was closed for repairs, or cleaning or something.

Amy was 13 and Jud 10 when we went. We stayed at that Sports place connected right to Disney. There was a pool and a foamy football field right there, and you could ride a shuttle to the park each day. We hit all the hot spots - Wild Kingdom, Epcot, Magic Kingdon. Amy and Jud were the perfect age - they could go on all the rides.

Well Jud wasn't always the perfect age - he got a little crabby the last day, causing me to melt down when he shoved an old person in Canada, the video at Epcot. Still, all was forgiven when he finally saw Donald Duck (in a serape and sombrero no less).

The laser show was very cool. We went on Tower of Terror several times as there was no line. Dad and Pat2 came up and visited for a day - it was the year after they got married. The 3D stuff was cool. I was glad we didn't have tiny little kids with us.

 Oh and Space Mountain was closed for repairs.  

No comments: