Tuesday, February 1, 2011

How do you spell

RELIEF..in an Iowa blizzard? Massage. So I scheduled one for today. I've got some comp time hours built up, so I left work early and drove to Waukee - roads weren't too bad. And there at her home salon Chris the masseuse did her thing. She found the knot that has formed in my shoulder due to the stress of work and driving in bad weather. And she worked it baby! Warm table, calm music, low lights. Ah...

Oh...it hurt so good! The knot makes an actual noise when she works on it. Crunch. I set up a half hour massage but she worked on me longer than that - the consummate professional - determined to defeat the knot! I tipped her this time - which I've not done before as she says "no tips". She protested, but I insisted, dammit. (sorry about swearing Chris - she's a minister's wife) She also gave me some tips on what to do to remind my shoulder how to relax.

I think my should needs to drink lemondrop martinis. That would relax it! But as we know, lemondrops have lots of calories. I know I'm on Weight Watchers Maintenance now, and boy did I maintain last week. Lost a whole .2 lb! Course I ate really bad stuff all weekend - including a huge sloppy Clone Cone (ice cream in Cyclone colors) at the ISU basketball game.

After my massage I went to Joan's as the weather was deteriorating - crappy wind! Oprah had a show about going Vegan. They were going to show slaughter houses. Ick - I'm out. Not watching that! So I flipped the channel to Ellen - very funny! Julianna Margulies and Kevin Nealon were on. Both were hootilicious. Kevin had Ellen in tears...of laughter. And Julianna, star of my fave show "The Good Wife" seems to be a very cool lady. Quite delightful, especially compared to seeing animal slaughtered...

Just what the doc ordered (not the blizzard part) but a massage and an afternoon of TV...

2 comments:

amy e. goldsmith said...

we were just talking about susi's lemondrop martinis tonight! they are mighty potent.

lgold said...

Is she there? Did she make you one? My mouth is watering...