Monday, February 7, 2011

Winter doldrums

I'm there. Yep...the winter doldrums. It's freaking cold out. It's Monday...and the week in Des Moines stretches out ahead of me. I wish to be home - in my own house.

Hmmm while I'm on a roll...the gov and the legislature is going crazy, spitting out potential bills that have bad implications for our department, DNR and me. While I agree, the present trajectory of the state unions does not seem to be sustainable, I don't like the gov's union buster mentality. Isn't there someone reasonable out there - without a stake in the game to help pave the way to a reasonable situation for all? In our staff meeting this a.m. Alex read off the proposed bills. The gov won't let the DNR legislative liaisons register for or against bills without his permission. It's downright depressing.

This afternoon I got another migraine - a pounder this time. I had one yesterday too. I've been getting more lately, ever since fall. A year ago I started taking Topamax, which worked wonders for a while. But not so much lately. Good thing I'm going to see the doc in a month.

So...enough with the whining. Marco Island is a mere 2 months away!

2 comments:

amy e. goldsmith said...

i think winter happens because it makes us appreciate warm weather that much more :)

Alternative Leslie said...

I am having the winter blues, too. I always say that January & February are like driving through Nebraska! My skin is so pale and scaly and yuk! I am glad you have Florida to look forward to--we are Iowans until Rebecca's pageant--don't know when or where! Meanwhile...Red Flannel Run this weekend and that will have to do for excitement~~I hope your headaches get better. Had those in my 20s and they are awful!!