Sunday, February 20, 2011

Baby Boy

We saw the baby boy yesterday before the ISU Men's basketball game. Going to the game was really an excuse to see Jud, really. I started thinking about the fact that just like his sister, he soon might be living far, far away. And I decided a couple hour drive to spend a few minutes with the kid wasn't such a bad idea!

We swung by his apartment (luckily I didn't have to set foot into the icky boyville apartment) and picked him up on our way to a sports bar sandwich joint. I had a nice turkey sandwich with cole slaw. Paul chose a burger and fries. Jud surprises me as he grows up - he got a chicken sannie and salad.

He'd been out to eat the night before with his GF Kara's parents. They were in town for Kara's sorority "Mom's Weekend". Jud says they're nice - and they're younger than we are. Gasp!

The poor Cyclones lost another close game. But the guys are still playing hard - bless their big tall hearts! Next year my Freddie will have them kicking ass. His dad Eric was my advisor - in my fascinating major Public Service and Administration in the college of Agriculture. Eric Otto Hoiberg was a sociologist. No wonder Freddie is so darn nice. Paul and I thought he should have chewed on the ref and picked up and technical last night...but he didn't.

Busy week ahead - meetings about proposed Bottle Bill legislation should be interesting! And Friday I'm attending a meeting on Social Networking - so someday soon I could have a Facebook Page for a work program. Lunch is at the culinary program at DMCC, so that s/b yummy. Long week though - no early home for me. Stiff upper lip and all that rot...

No comments: