Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ah relief

The world is a brighter place when one does not have a migraine. After three days of fighting migraines and taking meds for them I finally didn't get one. It used to be when I got a headache, it was the old fashioned kind with pain in my head.

Now they can come in many forms. Usually burning eyes and teeth. But yesterday my head actually pounded like the bad old days. Taking the medicine does help, but it also wipes me out. Especially after two other days of taking it.

Today I have a new lease on life - no stuffy nose, no eyes that hurt. Life is good. Even though the weather is bitchin cold! I do love my heated seats in my car. Someone said there are cars with heated steering wheels too - hmmm  that would be nice!

Last night I got in my bed, and it was NOT hot. I have an electric blanket, and it was turned to HOT, but wasn't. You see I had forgotten to turn it off that a.m. - and the thing has an automatic OFF. Evidently that thing works. So I turned it off and then on again. Slowly it warmed up. Yay!

At work we had an emergency meeting to discuss proposed legislation. A group of legislators is studying ditching the bottle redemption law along with our present waste diversion goals - which is a big part of my job. I use a formula to figure the rates now.
The proposed bill would really throw a wrench into the present systems. The legislative sessions are like that - we have to be ready to react quickly to requests. Makes life interesting. Our boss Brian has to attend the committee meeting tomorrow to answer Qs.

No comments: