Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Better day

I must say today went better. Maybe it was my exceptionally positive attitude. haha. I fretted all night about the schedule/supervisor thing of course. That's me. I decided to put together a list of my "things to do" to demonstrate that I do need to be working all the hours that I do. I gave that to my Supe this a.m. I spose now she'll hold it against me - but so be it...

Today she and I got along swimmingly. A couple people commented that they heard our discussion yesterday. Cubicle-land is not a place for private talks...kinda embarrassing. For her as well as me.

I had a front row seat for the big Union Rally at the State Capitol today - the view out the Wallace Building windows looks right down on the steps where the rally was. All the TV vans were there. The Union group was pretty big and there were busloads from who knows where plus the little pod of Tea Party folks. Theresa who works in our department walked by and heard a few catcalls between the two groups. Not pretty! It was kinda hard to settle down after lunch and get back to work with all the excitement.

After work I decided to shop. After all, when I spoke to Pablo last night, he told me we most likely owe lots of tax money to "the man". So when the going gets expensive, the wife shops. I hadn't been on the Valley West circuit lately - so I went in thru Von Maur. Love that piano. But not the prices there!

Ended up at Younkers where sales help - and after I discovered the coupon in my purse, I ended up saving something like 50% That's almost like getting paid to buy stuff. Plus I went down a size in jeans - that made me happy!

Tonight on the phone, my beloved Pablo sounded down. Our Marco Island trip is just too long from now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

47 days for me, but who is counting?

Anonymous said...

this blog hates me I swear