Monday, February 21, 2011

Crazy Hormones me thinks

What's with me? Yesterday I felt like bursting into tears several times. The night before I woke up cooking hot. And Odie felt like she was 300 degrees. Maybe she was having a hot flash too. Then I was crabby and not sure just what I wanted. My joints hurt. I need violins playing!

My one ovary must still be firing. Enough to mess me up good! Today at work I had to discuss my schedule with my supervisor. That didn't go well either. Now I'm all worked up about that. I need some more self coaching and calming therapy. Oh, I did pretty well at keeping my cool in the moment. Just since then I'm been steaming about it. Grow up, me.

Iowa has the bottle bill, ya know. Presently Iowans have to return cans and bottles for the $.05 we pay when we buy certain bevvies. Today several people in our department met to discuss proposed new legislation ditching said bottle bill in favor of a $.04 fee on all bev containers - even water, tea etc. A grant program is funded with the fees to put together the infrastructure for curbside recycling. Interesting stuff! We'll see how it goes.

Hope your day at work went okay. And your hormones are steady and easy...

2 comments:

amy e. goldsmith said...

maybe you're pregnant...?! jk.

i wasn't bursting with hormones but i definitely felt queasy and tired all day. not sure which is worse :/

Alternative LMG said...

I think I am going through the same phase you are...I will check tonight to see if there is a full moon because seems to set me off!