Monday, February 14, 2011

My funny valentine

I had to leave him asleep in bed this a.m. It was difficult! Actually he was awake - kinda hard to sleep thru all my gyrations of getting ready for work and traipsing thru with my bags etc. Plus I gave him a kiss on my way out the door. Like I always do.

Then he told me to text him when I get to work. And I told I would - like I always do.

Today I didn't listen to a book on CD on the way to work, like I usually do. I needed thinkin' time. I thought about my Poolboy a bit - what a lucky girl I am. You've all heard it before. It shouldn't take Valentine's Day to remind me to appreciate how fortunate I am. Later that day I got a beautiful flower arrangement from Boesen's from my hunny bun. All that and a card too!

Paul and I sent cards (with a wee bit 'o cash) to our kids for val day. I thought about buying something for each of them, but then decided "cash is king". They'd like to buy their own gift. Last week I ordered prints from some of my digital photos (and some I kinda borrowed from Facebook from the kids and their friends), so I hung those in my cubicle. I like having pics of my friends and fam surrounding me whilst I work.

Back to my drive to work, with no book, I listened to tunes, to help me get my work face on, and think about my Wednesday meeting. Yep, I had to do some self-coaching. I have a tiny little problem at this periodic meeting with keeping my mouth closed. And I reminded myself that at this meeting I will zip my lips, even when people who don't know what they're talking about don't. Bite lips!

I listened to some smooth Al Green that took me back to my honey. Kicking Stevie Nicks, and finished up with Bob Seger. It was a nice drive.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that lack of zipped lips is a family thing---once we are post 40 yrs. Enough silly game playing--let's just share what we feel in a constructive way, right?