Thursday, February 24, 2011

Isn't it cute?

It's so cute how people close to us (our children) underestimate our powers of deduction. They fail to recognize that we (their parents) have known them all their lives. The mommy is much like a lil Nancy Drew - detecting clues of her children's lives. So our children just need to realize that they can't fool us. We know ALL.

Next topic:
Jud Goldsmith caused me to have one of the larger library fines I've had in a while - a whopping $2.10. The scariest part was I didn't even know he had the book! We took him to lunch last Saturday in Ames before the ISU Men's bball game, and casually, after he got out of the car when we dropped him off he said,"Do you want that book back that I have?"

I'm like "Whatchoo talkin' bout Willis?"
He said, "I think it has Waukee on it." And he ran up and got the book, which indeed said Waukee Library on it. I remembered what happened - I took it to Creston and finished it. Jud was home and I thought he might like to read it. Hmmm guess he did and just took it on back to Ames to finish it, unbeknownst to me. Crazy that I lost track of it. So there is a case of something I didn't detect....

Children - my wildest joy and frustration!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

best thing ever--emails of pending return dates. Love this from our library!

lgold said...

Hey Betso - you're not anonymous aol person today? My blog likes you again!