Monday, January 31, 2011

Tooth brushers

There are several women on 5th floor at the Wallace Building who brush their teeth after lunch each day. And they're quite the brushers. I feel like my teeth should rot out because I don't brush anything like they do...

I mean they scrub and scrub - touching upon each and every surface of each tooth. I should mention that most of these ladies are oriental. Actually from another country. So I find myself wondering if they have not had the benefit of fluoride in their water from childhood. And then they spit and spit.

I myself have gone with brushing for the amount of time it takes to sing the ABC song. That's what I was told to do long ago, and I'm sticking with that adage...
When I was a kid we went to the dentist Dr. Jim VanAntwerp. He was kinda creepy, and not the best dentist. But I was lucky in teeth - except for the fact that I was missing 4 permanent ones.

The most exciting part about visiting the dentist as a child was that we got to pick out a pin each time. The pins were made from a chalky substance, but I don't remember what the shapes were. Something fun and cool I'm sure. I didn't get a cavity until I was 24 years old so my brushing routine must have been okay in some way.

No comments: