Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mall observations

I decided to go to the mall on a frigid evening after work. It's always a little lonely - walking about by myself. I don't usually walk and talk on my phone though - pretending to have friends.

So I was at Younkers at Jordan Creek. I had made a quick jaunt through the shoes and was heading towards women's clothes when I heard, "I'll be working forever!" I had paused to check out the sale rack, so I kept listening. The woman went on to tell her friend, "Bob left for another girl." Hmm - just how old is this person? I ask myself... It was obviously two Younkers workers catching up...
Then the other one tops her by saying, "You know Jim died." I was moving towards another section by then - but did expect worker number 1 to exclaim how sorry she was. But nope she just went on about her career. Perhaps Jim was her cat...

At the sale rack two ladies were playing this game - it made me chuckle: "I bought this for you last week" - while holding up a hideous article of clothing. They'd both howl.

The mall stalker check tried to nail me with a sample of something - twice. "I said NO dammit - I don't want your stinkin' whatever it is!" I wanted to say. Instead I said. "No thank you." My mom would be proud.

No comments: