Friday, January 28, 2011

Movie Review


<><><><>
<>
<><><><>
Jud and Kara
Robin Hood - with Russell Crowe was pretty good. A little hard to follow, but I like historical pics. Pablo was surprised I rented it at the HyVee Redbox whilst he was paying for the groceries tonight. He said something like, "are you sure you want to see that?"

Like I would rent a movie I didn't want to see...Come on. It's been 28 years, you should know by now that I don't often (unless I was feeling really sorry for you, like for example if the Packers lost the Super Bowl) rent movies I wouldn't possibly like. For example that one they're advertising now where people are going to be stuck in a cave.

Um nope. I would get claustrophobic watching a movie like that. Or those movies that are all testosteronie - simply filled with war scenes. This one had war scenes, but there were story lines which I presume were based on actual history. I enjoy that. Was King John that big a schmuck? Was there really a Robin?

As a side-note - as the opening credits ran, and the movie title came up: Robin. I looked at the word and had a flashback. Though my friend Robbiedob spelled her name Robyn, I distinctly heard her Mom's voice say - in her crabby voice, "Robyn Lee!" That's when I knew it was time to go home from playing with Rob...

The movie was a little hard to follow, and sometimes - especially when our furnace kicks in, the people are hard to understand. That English/French accent doesn't help. Though he's not my fave actor, Russell not too hard on the eyes. Kate Blanchett was the female lead. She's not busty at all. Which I can appreciate for obvious reasons.

It was an enjoyable evening at home! Tomorrow it's off to Ames for an ISU game. We will see Jud - it's his birthday weekend. He and his roommates are planning Jud-A-Palooza2. Let's hope his pores don't ooz liquor this time, as we're taking Kara and him to lunch Sunday - his actual bday. 22, sigh. Hard to believe.

Emergency report - Kimmy McFee had an emergency appendectomy tonight. Bobbie and Jeff had to rush up to Ames to attend to her, but she was already under the knife. I texted Bobbie later, and it sounds like everything went well. Kim s/b out of the hospital tomorrow.

No comments: