Monday, September 27, 2010

Early fall a.m. drive

It was a beautiful early fall morning drive on my way to work today. I started out with breakfast with my homies - a small bunch today: Bobbie, Patty, Debbie and Nancy and me.

Nan and I monopolized the a.m. talk with chat about the road. The private road by our home is becoming a county road - complete with 2 lanes, thus taking out a good portion of our side yard. Until now it's been a single asphalt lane, somewhat crushed by heavy equipment in parts. But the county agreed to take it over and made it a real road (kinda like Pinocchio became a real boy...).

Only Conovers and Goldsmiths had to sign over part of our property. And the people who will actually use the road have to help pay for it through taxes. So heavy equipment pulled in a couple weeks ago and started messing up our neighborhood. And it IS a mess! Especially after the rain! Stofferahns got 2 inches of water in their basement recently as the diggerman covered up their sump pump outlet. Oops! Paul was mad that they covered up some of our tree branches...

Lots of our neighbors have no way to get from their homes to the road in front of our house - cuz their road is gone. Many are utilizing golf carts and leave their cars down by our house. Stofferahns are parking in Jud's spot sometimes. I'll be glad when the project is done, but I sure hope the traffic doesn't pick up!

After breakfast, my drive to the big city was a pretty one. The light was perfect - sun just coming up on fields that are just maturing. Fog sat on the ponds, creeks and low spots in fields and cattle looks a bit spooky munching grass in the mist.

I hit traffic right when I got to the edge of West DM but I didn't even swear. I swear!

No comments: