Sunday, September 26, 2010

Gorgeous Sunny Day

Where were you yesterday? Of course it rained yesterday and was crappy for football tailgating. Damn. I want a nice day for football - one where I can sit in a lawn chair in the sun and think "life is good!" It's going to have to be in October.

But we made the best of it. Donnie and Dee - those little girl scouts. Talk about "be prepared"!! They got tents so our tailgating crowd didn't even get wet.

Paul and I picked up Bobbie (oh she of leisure, on week 2 between jobs - 1 to go before she starts the new one) and Jeff at noon. We drove in light rain all the way to Ames. Stopped at the bookstore on our way to the game - no rush, right? Until Don texted Paul to say "hurry, before I get too drunk to grill".

McKims were entertaining Schwamans - Don's college roomie and nicie nice wife Patty. She is truly very nice - so much so that one would like to smack her. Just to hear her cuss. But she'd prolly say "gosh darn!" Drives Dee wild.

Jud and the boys showed up in time to eat. I'm glad we have peeps to feed. Paul grilled pork loins and giant hot dogs. There was potato salad, fruit kabobs and veggie platter. I made pecan bars that were quite yummy if I do say so myself.

Tried a new Baccardi drink - Cranberry - lime. Good stuff. Haven't been drinking much at games so far this year though. Not sure why - solidarity with Iowa fans perhaps (they have a new anti drinking policy in Iowa City and the anti fun police are out in force there I hear). Naw. Not sure why - just want to enjoy the games sober. Refreshing idea, no?

Late night after a great defensive game by the Clones - 2 Pick 6's. (Interceptions returned for touchdowns). So early night tonight for us. We're old!

No comments: