Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bob's challenge


I've just been reading Bob Hudek's Caring Bridge site -
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/bobhudek/journal?jid=6089793

Bob is battling non Hodgkin's Lymphoma and will have a bone marrow transplant any day now in Omaha. His wife Syd is there with him - settled into Nebraska House, which must be similar to Ronald McDonald type apartments.

It sounds like they have been very happy with the care they are getting so far - that's very important when you're going through a tough battle like this. I've been thinking of them a lot - and am glad to get Syd's updates. Who ever came up with CaringBridge is a genius - sparing folks from having to repeat the same story over and over. How the patient is doing etc.

When Paul's nephew Joe was in the horrible car wreck, and when Deb's mom was ill I kept up with their sites daily at times. I'm sure it's somewhat therapeutic for the writer as well. I know it would be for me - just like this blog. Putting things down in words seems to help me get it off my mind a bit.

Paul and I have known Syd and Bob for many years. I first met Syd back in my FNB days - when Erin was 3 years old. She now a mommy herself! And I remember Bob's 40th birthday party held at Groth's house - we tried to get Bob to "hang a moon" and chanted "bare your butt Bob". Then we drove out to Hooker's Farm - a scary ghost house outside town. The kids thought it was awesome! Good family fun.

I been used to seeing Bob around town walking the sidewalks for the past 20 years. He's a mailman. So even though we don't hang out with the Hudeks, I consider them friends. I am sad that they're faced with this challenge.

So if you believe in a higher power - put in a good word for some good people. Thanks!

1 comment:

Syd Hudek said...

Thanks Leslie....take care...Syd