Friday, September 10, 2010

Bobbie's break out



Above - the whole McFee clan.

Finally - Bobbie quit her job. She's been "Les Miserables" at her place of employment. Okay - I'll say it, as it was one of my former places of employment - Gits Manufacturing, where she was the big kahuna accountant.

But the biz was sold in the past couple years and the new owners are a public company. They seem to be all about the $$. Not about the people. Big changes - constantly. Lots of people have quiet out there. Wages have been adjusted. The economy has been brutal too of course.

So it's not been a fun few months (years...) for Bobbie. Hubby Jeff farms - long hours there too. Sometimes I think Paul and I - in our crazy separate town lifestyle - see each other more often!

Good news - Bobbie got a new job right her in Crestonia at Vanmark. I'm sure it won't be perfect. Every job has its own foibles, politics and huha. But it's a fresh start! Yeeha. Now we just need to get Bobbie some hobbies!

Remember last weekend when I was all melancholy? I finally shared my angst with Pablo my very own Poolboy/analyst. Just talking it over with him helped me feel better.


Then my buddy and name doppelganger Alt Leslie Goldsmith read my blog. She shared that she too was feeling angst - perhaps it's the name (and we were missing our daughters). But she said she got this photo from her daughter Rebecca (who is a model) sent her that day. This pic helped lift her spirits, which also helped lift mine! Rebecca said she strolled into a Barnes and Noble in Union Square in NYC - and "there she was" - in a magazine.


We're going out tonight to celebrate with Bobbie and Jeff - cuz that's what friends are for.

No comments: