Sunday, January 2, 2011

My long weekend

Look how much I love my sissies! I love that TV too - I wonder if that's the one I used to watch Captain Kangaroo on?
I think Chris Deardorff (the red head) had ADD - she can't even pay attention to the camera. Yet Robyn (big smile front row) is hamming it up even then. Let's hope she wasn't "airing out her bottom" that day - going commando. I wish I could see what the necklace was that I have on. Is it something I won? Or some fabulous jewel? Lee - the birthday girl - blondie on the left - looks ready for everyone to just leave!

I like seeing what our house looked like. My goodness we had a lot of stuff around. I am reading right now with the lamp behind Betso. And I had the chair Mom is on for years, even got it re-covered once, but the springs just sprung too badly after 50 or so years of use. Our kitchen was so cool - with a bar sink right behind Mom.

This fireplace was in our basement right at the bottom of the stairs. In the winter, Dad used to grill on it and we'd have barbeque night - we'd eat down there. I remember Betsy sitting in her little "high" chair - it was a portable one low to the ground. But in this pic, she wasn't around yet. We had a sitter named Mrs. Wise, who didn't keep a good enough eye on me one New Years Eve. I managed to drink the charcoal lighter kept by this fireplace.
So the whole fam damily had to truck down to old Atlantic Hospital as I had my stomach pumped. Susi relates that she had to come home from Marci Cochrons - a social faux pax. All my fault. Luckily I had no ill effects from that episode. I imagine it had a large part in me ending up working to bring safe disposal of household hazardous waste to Iowans. Burp!



Blog continued:
My weekend is nearly at an end. I really could do one more day without being totally bored. Alas I must get back to work. Today was quiet - church at 9 a.m. was the most excitement. Yes, not to worry - I prayed for all you heathens.

McFees and Higgins came over yesterday afternoon to watch some bowl games. Good to see everyone after Christmas. Hadn't seen Sharon and Al since, welp, for a long while! I feel so bad for her - her dad Bill is getting up there in years and her mom Viv has been gone for a couple years now.

Sharon's carried the load looking after Bill, making sure he's eating and taking meds etc. But he's had some health setbacks in the past few months and things aren't getting better. He's not a good patient. I can see it wearing on her - remember how it felt to "be the ball" when Dad was at Allen House but insisted he was going home. Thank God for Kay Harris! So I'm glad Higgins were able to get out and have a couple drinks. Plus we got to catch up with Bobbie, Jeff and Kimmy.

I walked down memory lane and scanned old photos today. Sure takes me back! From college to the kid's youthful years. I worried about both children of course- both were on the road. Amy traveling back up to Beaver Creek in snowy weather to work at Beano's. She's not going back until tomorrow a.m. so I'll continue to fret until she's back in Denver safe and sound. And Jud and Kara drove to Owatonna MN to meet her family. Gulp! I texted him asking if they were as wierd as we are. He got right back to me saying "Nope your weirder" Geez doesn't anybody in today's generation now the diff between you're and your? One is possessive! But I texted back and said "good!"

I want to be weird and interesting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All of the cute black/white little Bullock girl pics but who is missing? And there she is, in all of her middle school glory in full color! Ay yi yi! We need more cute curly hair little Betso pics! LOL!