Sunday, January 9, 2011

Healthy cooking

This weekend I broke out the Weight Watchers cookbook I bought at the Planned Parenthood booksale last fall. Paul and I made a tomato chicken soup - it's quite delicious! I purchased all the ingredients yesterday at Fareway. I think planning meals is really the toughest part of healthy eating!

Paul's my chopper guy. He's my Mack the Knife. I organized the reciped and got the pans ready with olive oil whilst Chef Pablo was slicing and dicing. I needed to saute carrots, shallots. In the other pan I had chicken breasts cooking. Once the stuff then I added diced tomatoes, chix broth plus 2 potatoes diced and several herbs and spices. Brought that all to a boil. Through it all into the crockpot for a few hours along with the chicken and some funky beans that were drained and rinsed. Delish!

Today I'm marinating center cut chops with a honey/dijon mustard/red wine vinegar mix that I cooked for tomorrow night's supper. I'm banking on this snow to keep me home tomorrow. (I messed up, not realizing the stuff needed to marinate overnight). Paul's got chili cooking for today.

I did have pizza at A&G on Friday night - 1.5 pieces. But I deserved the hell out of it, despite my unhealthy eating ways of my week due to traveling. (lil hint - don't select the vegetarian ravioli at Olive Garden - it's a whopping freakin' 17 Weight Watchers points!) And that's not counting the nice lemondrop martini I had along with it.

I bought some darling little Clementines yesterday - you know those tiny oranges. 0 points. This is exactly why I'm trying out this WWatchers thing - to encourage the self-discipline it takes to eat better. Much easier at my house than in DSM. I'll keep working at it!

No comments: