Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's a Christmas Miracle...at New Years...


Joan's basement is cleaned out of all the stacks of clothing that have been there - on the couch since...forever! She's had some of the clothes for 13 years - since before she moved to Kansas City and back. A few still had tags attached. I'd like to claim responsibility for getting her to recycle said threads. I've been threatening to take matters into my own hands. But no.

Twas her sis, and the threat of an upcoming party she was throwing! Ah nothing like throwing a party to get one motivated to clean house! It gets me motivated to deep clean too. Joan said she and her sis Jeanne were up until 4 a.m. Friday sorting and spiffing. They put up shelves and stuffed the apparel into some seven trash bags - bound for a women's shelter and Goodwill. Yay for Joan!

And I thought I was doing good by cleaning out old food from my cupboards! I'm motivated to look through her Tupperware (translate - all things plastic) cupboard next. She's got lots of bottoms and lots of tops but you can't find one to match the other!

1 comment:

Kris said...

No way! That is amazing! I'm so proud of her - I want to come and see the basement now!

You should convince her to throw a garage party next, and maybe you'll have a side of the garage next winter...