Wednesday, January 5, 2011

On the road

I'm on the road again. Hit the road at 5:30 a.m. today - picked up my supe and another colleague. We headed to Davenport for an Environmental Management System audit. It was more fun than it sounds. We meet with people from the local recycling facilities and landfill. We get to ask them questions about what they do.

You prolly know by now I am interested about that stuff. I AM the trash lady after all! So I like talking trash.

After our long day, Jeff, Jen and I drove to Dubuque and checked into the Fairfield Inn. We ate at the Olive Garden nearby (I had a nice cocktail) and now I'm relaxing before I hit the hay.

Tomorrow we hit the audit trail again at the Dubuque Solid Waste Agency. I hope we cruise through it and get back to Des Moines at a decent time - like 6 PM. Today sucked for a Weight Watchers participant!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My best friend and I have all of a sudden become very tree lovey and recycle friendly. What does it mean exactly to have a recycling audits? The most basic information that I have about recycling audits, are that the company will take the large pile of items to be recycled and then turn them into something better. Am I on the right track with that idea? Or am I totally off?