Monday, January 17, 2011

V. Lamona

I had lunch with Lamona today. That is Violet Lamona Bilderback - my former co-worker at First National Bank, my first job here in Crestonia. After my "big" promotion from bookkeeper to loan clerk, I work with Lamona very closely because she was a loan officer. And I grew to love that lady!

Lamona is a wonderful woman who would do anything for you. And she has been there for me several times in my life. She knew me through my being a young mother, pregnancies, losing Patrick, parents and many other life events. In the meantime Lamona retired from FNB and found a second career working at a funeral home. She's a real natural at comforting people.

We've stayed friends through the years despite our age differences - she's probably 20 years older than I am. Kinda funny - that's how much older I am than Angie and Becky at my work. Friendships sure can span generations.

I'm glad I made the call to get together with Lamona. Another side note - after knowing Mona for several years I later became friends with her nieces Jeanne and Patti. Only in a small town...

The friends I've made in Creston are treasures. Lamona is a gem!

No comments: