Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bass Pro and my diet

I've been in the shopping doldrums since Christmas...until this week anyway. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger. Oops guess we're not supposed to used gun references anymore. Oh well...I am married to a hunter..

Guess I'm feeling poor. Perhaps it's the change in Governors...but I had a $5 off coupon from my good friend Eddie. You know Eddie Bauer? He likes that I've spent some of my hard earned cash at his place this past year, so he shelled out a whole $5 - but I had to use it by 1/24. So I found a nice purple pull over for $24 earlier this week at Valley West.

And I was very tempted to buy some shoes at Von Mauer - in the sale room for $45. Half price! But when it came down to it, I just couldn't justify those babies. So I walked away. Paul will be so proud!

Today was time sheet day - I got 10 hours of comp time in the past two weeks and that was with me leaving work at 3:30 today. And I have a meeting here in DM tomorrow so I wasn't heading home...so I went east to Bass Pro where they often have good sale prices on active wear. That's what we call the kind of clothes I like...the not too dressy stuff. Columbia, North Face and more.

I ended up scoring (a sports term, yes, but not a gun term) some grey jeans and an orange Henley for $10. Got a green shirt for Pablo the Pool Boy too.

My diet has sucked this week. Traveling makes it difficult to eat healthy. My lack of willpower is also part of the problem! I hope to get back on the wagon now that I'm done with those dang audits. I have walked on the treadmill the past couple nights. yay me.

1 comment:

amy e. goldsmith said...

my diet has sucked, too. as well as my sleep and exercise routine. i'm hoping to get back on the wagon this week, although it's hard when pete leaves rum cake samples in my office!