Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

I had a nice snow day today. I had breakfast at S&K Cafe with my homegals. Oatmeal, yum. Good conversation. It had been snowing during the night, and continued to do so during breakfast.

I got home and checked the news. Looked like a bad idea to head to DSM. Fender benders on the commute. Traffic at a standstill. I decided to work at home - and emailed my supervisor the news. She called me shortly after to say - good idea.

I watched it snow while I worked on several documents. Plus I took some phone calls. I got a lot done! We ever scooped some snow. It was nice to be home on a Monday night - to eat porkchops and watch the national championship game with Pablo, my poolboy.

I'll try again tomorrow to make the trek - it's supposed to stop snowing in the a.m.

No comments: