Monday, April 4, 2011

Susan is

Getting married! My friend Susan Grose is getting married! Not only that she's got a hot younger guy - Brian. I've known Susan practically since I moved to Creston - she was in my sorority. Spose I should explain that whole statement. You see I was a sorority reject in college, but I Creston, Iowa, Beta Sigma Phi welcomed me with open arms!

As a new kid in town, I was more than happy to be asked to join a ready-made group of friends! Julia Stuetelberg, wife of my Atlantic classmate classmate Dave who was a chiropractor in town put my name in as a candidate for this social sorority. My buddie Mary Faber called to ask me - Mary - the queen ambassador of friendship! Bobbie McFee, Mendy Ritzman, Susan Grose, Diana McKim, Gwen Buck - these are a few of the women I was fortunate enough to meet that first year of sorority.

Sorority meetings were my chance to get out of the house - to talk to real girls my age. It was the start of beautiful friendships! I didn't get to know Susan as well as some of the other people - but have always liked and admired her. Back then she was married to Dick Grose - an older guy who was hard to get to know. Dick and Susan divorced a few years ago and Susan began dating cute Brian a couple years back.

Last year she announced her engagement. I suspected she might be like Patti Kralik - eternally engaged. (Dean's been her fiance for the past 18 years or so...) But a couple weeks ago she surprised me by stating that April 30th is the date they set. Yippy! So we've all picked songs for the DJ to play. Susan's getting married!

No comments: