Saturday, April 23, 2011

Precious Nectar

Whilst on vacation in sunny Florida, we went through a while bottle of Citron, and many lemons, thanks to the precious nectar. The recipe is below:

1 1/2oz vodka, I like to use a citrus vodka such as Absolut Citron


3/4oz triple sec

1oz sweet and sour mix

1/2oz fresh lemon juice (1/2 of a lemon)


Paul was in charge of juicing the lemons. We didn't have an actual shaker, so I made due with a Rubbermaid. Even so, they were delish! Just ask Betso - she's a convert, vowing to purchase her own bottle of Citron. Be sure to also purchase the special sugar to rim the glasses. It's all about the presentation - I should have included a nice wedge of lemon in each...

It only takes about 1/4 inch of a lemon drop to relax me. (Because it's pure alcohol...) Ahhh the nectar.

3 comments:

amy e. goldsmith said...

thanks for the recipe! these might have to be my new summer bevvie.

Anonymous said...

my husband has accused me of becoming a foo-foo drinker now--he says the brew pub might rescind my Brewmaster membership! HA!

lgold said...

Foo Foo - it's pure alcohol baby!