Monday, April 25, 2011

Back to the vacation

Vacation routine - get up about 8 a.m. - have a little breakfast. For me, that was sliced banana, with cereal and milk. Juice and coffee with creamer. Then we trotted down twenty flights of stairs to the beach and walked either north or south for close to an hour.

It was a beautiful workout that went quickly because while I worked my body, my mouth was going a mile a minute talking to my sis about every topic under the gorgeous Florida sun. It was a great way to start each day!

Tuesday was pick up Betso day! We left a bit early to shop a bit at Miromar Outlet Mall - and my favorite store evah! The Columbia Outlet Store. It's prolly good there's not one in Iowa, or I might have to live there...I just drool when I walk in the door!

It was so nice to see Betsy walking down that concourse to join us in paradise for a few days. We took her to the Crazy Flamingo for some good shrimp on night #1. She needed Chai Tea at Starbucks so we changed our routine a few times while she was with us (and she had a Starbucks card). Once we even walked the sidewalk down to Esplanade to get some coffee.

We hit Little Bar twice. It is our very fave restaurant on the Island. Paul and Cindo always get Twin Lobster Tails the first night - in honor of CB's birthday. This year they were only $39.95. Too rich (as in taste) for me. I had blackened shrimp. When Betsy was with us, I had grouper almondine - so yummy!

Mornings, post walk, and afternoons, post-lunch were spent mostly poolside. Reading books. The pool was not too crowded this year. We were able to stake out a spot by a table with an umbrella. I don't really do sun. (I did fry my smallish cleavage on Day 1 laying by the gulf and it still itches)

Thursday we ate Mexican - I'm afraid I shouldn't have had that second margarita! Friday night we went to Porky's. We were starting to think people were getting the idea we all were Paul's plural wives (Big Love, ya know?!?) Anyway. We got a little crazy that night. And Jezebel, the girl band was singing. They were good! So were the ribs!

We even managed to get back to Fort Myers to take Bets for some shopping. (I hit Columbia again) Saturday we went back to Joey's for some more excellent salad and pizza. By that night - I was de-toxing. I couldn't face any more vodka. :>(

All too soon it was time for little sis to go home to Washington State. And the very next day, Cindy had to take Paul and me to the airport to come back to chilly wet Iowa. Oh well...there's always next year. I hope sister Susi is having a good time!

No comments: