Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'm in sales...

I got Kara a much smaller version of this basket.
Just like my daddy! And my lil sis. I signed up to sell Longaberger Baskets (and other stuff) as a favor to my sis and myself. It all started...(wavy lines indicating flashback) when I realized a few months ago that our pottery, chosen for our wedding some nearly 29 years ago, is pretty near shot.

So I thought to myself, "Self - it's time for new pottery and not just Wal-Mart stuff." I knew sister Betso sells the nice heavy Longaberger stuff. She's been a basket lady for years, taking after our dear old dad, who was a very successful salesman of ladies lingerie across Iowa.

When I contacted Bets about my intention, she said the pottery sale would be in April. When we knew we'd be together in sunny Florida this month, we planned to talk over the purchase then. That's when Betso Bean hatched her plot - to help get me a good deal AND help her qualify for a trip to Hawaii. Dr. Wayne (her husband) may be forced into the sales team if I decide not to participate. Hmmm. And I don't really have to have any parties. Phew!

So now I've done it - signed on the dotted line...or on this day and age it's more like hit "enter" with all my info. I got my $25 worth of paperwork already and ordered a Cyclone basket for Jud's girlfriend for graduation. Next I'm going to order the pottery. I'm thinking a nice Hawkeye basket might be nice for Brett and Shawna for their wedding too. All I have to do is sell $1,000 worth by June - and my sis has promised to help. She's got a proven track record in sales!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I love the pottery you gave us for our wedding - but unfortunately have not used it yet (we are saving our nice wedding stuff for "future house"). But we have a couple of weddings coming up this summer, so send the catalog my way - I might be interested!

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a nice sister! Good luck lady--Dad would be so proud!