Thursday, October 8, 2009

Soup and Sannie

Home on a cold icky day. Finally home! ON the way home, I figured out I've only been home something like 4 nights the past 3 weeks! I was homesick in a bad way. Even though we've been doing fun things, I miss my house and pets.

So I was excited to take off for home today, after a late lunch with my homey Deb. Deb treated herself to a new el carro (car) today! Yay for Deb who has driven a '97 Chrysler for the past 8 years (trade in value $250). Before that she drove a yellow Chevy Celebrity wagon literally into the ground (she got paid $40 salvage for it). Her old car needed to go. Deb nearly chickened out on the Honda Fit she had scoped out, but her husband urged her to go for it. Good job Larry!

So Deb came to visit me at work and to do lunch in the big city. It was such fun! Wish I could do that more often. I took her to visit my cubicle. Hmmm after budget news today, my cubicle could be empty soon - the Gov hacked 10% from the state budget. Not sure how that will shake out, but I'm a new kid and can't expect to be totally spared.

Anyway, Deb left around 2 PM and by 3 PM I was getting smokin' shoes. My shoes wanted to be smokin' towards home, and quickly! So I got here by 4:30, greeted by my pooch in a loving manner. Awww. I'm glad to be home!

2 comments:

Ramona I. Lynam said...

I'm really hoping the budget cuts don't affect you.
Maybe Deb (or Larry) can coach me into biting the bullet and going for a new(er) car.

Thea said...

i also hope you are spared by the cuts. We need you in high places. :)