Monday, October 26, 2009

I loves my homies

Breakfast on Monday mornings with my homies at S&K Cafe in Creston makes the day much easier to get through. I've splained before about how depressing Sunday evenings are - what with all my ironing, packing and such. Dreading leaving my honey buns, the pets, and well..my bed. But when I get to start Monday morning with the fun loving, shit-giving and caring gals that are my homies, I'm starting the day out right! This a.m. I had the added bonus of getting to bring an old friend along to the festivities - Mary Faber of Eburg, Iowa is visiting town today and tomorrow and is staying at chez Goldsmyth. Mary was one of the first people I met in Ctown -way back in 1987. She was in charge of recruiting new members to Beta Sigma Phi the social sorority in town. 

Who could say no to such a warm and caring voice? Not me. Plus I had NO friends and no job, besides 1 year old Amy whom I was tending to day and night. I was dying to get out and meet people. I remember distinctly that Mar even came to get me that first meeting. I believe Bobbie and Mendy also rode along to Gwen Buck's house. It was so exciting! I met several life-long friends in that little group. Sharon, Diana (Dee) and Bobbie to name three. And Mary, who moved away from me something like 10 years ago. Insert tears here. Mar is so easy to talk to, and is interesting, smart and funny. Plus she oozes empathy, so folks seem to find it easy to tell her all their troubles. My breakfast homies today included Nancy, Susan, Pat, Patti, Mary, Lucy, Bobbie and Deb the bday girl. Most of us wore our Half Marathon shirts and medals. Heck Patti even brought her trophy from the Balloon Days race. Mary took the photos, so I'm sad to say she's not in any of my shots. Typical though - she caught us in our natural state here - laughing! I loves my homies! (and a gal from Eburg!)

No comments: