Friday, October 9, 2009

Drinking the hatorade

I'd like to know - why the angst from conservatives over Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize? That, along with the glee over Chicago not being selected for the Olympics, have got me wondering. Do some people really want America to go downhill just in order to prove Obama was a bad choice for pres?

And while I'm at it, do many people still not believe in global warming? While Gore is kind of a knucklehead, he is passionate about the environment. Even if you believe his case is overblown, can it hurt to stop putting so many emissions into our atmosphere? In our area there seems to be much more lung diseases than ever before – could pollution be some of the reason?

Why would it bother people that the international perception is that this new American President will bring peace. He didn't expect this award - it was a total shock. So is it his fault they chose him? And while I'm at it, was being considered a war-mongering country working really well for our country? At least compared to the past 8 years, many peoples of the world are willing to give our president a chance.

It’s really hard for me to get my mind around the negative mindset. While I did not agree with much of what Bush stood for and did, I don’t recall wishing bad things to happen to him and his administration. I would have been (grudgingly) pleased had he won this award – for our country! A leader in peacemaking. (I must admit I did enjoy laughing at stupid Bush clips on Letterman though….) and now Letterman can be his own patsy...

I don't want our country to be perceived as pansy - a pushover. But the blustery rhetoric and actions of the past administration got us into a war in Iraq. C'mon man, give peace and Obama a chance...

2 comments:

Thea said...

oh, i just wrote a comment completely agreeing with you. it was very well-written, inspired almost. But somehow I lost it trying to correct a spelling error!

Kris said...

I concur. I have been thinking the same thing about the Nobel Peace Prize situation all day.