Sunday, October 4, 2009

KC2







Fortunately, I've reached a wise age, when I have a great deal of self-control. And I don't want to have to tinkle all the time. So I didn't have another drink until we reached our next destination - the KC Light and Power District where there was supposed to be a big Cyclone gathering. We kinda missed it. But it didn't sound like much anyhoo. A pretty decent band set up and began playing in the center stage area.






There were hundreds of Clone fans milling about, and we had fun running into folks we knew. There were several restaurants around, but they were all packed and we didn't get to eat until 9ish. Bobbie finally hit the wall - needed food. So she used her wiley eve of 50 talents to secure a table and some french fries at a sportsbar then. Then the clampetts loaded back up in the horseless carriage and headed back to the Comfort Inn, where Jeff fell asleep in coat and shoes as soon as he lay down. He was vewwy vewwy tired!


In the a.m. we sardined back into the Suburban for the short trek to Arrowhead Stadium. The weather didn't cooperate too well - it was overcast and windy, and we were all cold. I looked like a big Cyclone burrito with several layers of cardinal and gold clothing on! I started the day with a lil Mike's Hard Lemonade LITE. We chatted with other tailgaters parked near us, including our neighbors the Taylors. Good thing they left Jenna home to care for our cat!


I text offspring Juddy David and found out he was tailgating not far from our area, so Paul and I set out to find his group of 15. We ran into my college roomie Jane Flack (now Conn) and her sister and 2 brothers and their wives. Jane left her fam home in Waukee doing activities. It was nice to see the whole Flack clan - I've known 'em for 3o years! Then we wandered a bit more and found Judson and clan - took him back to see Flacks where he gave Jane a hug - so sweet! My baby likes to hug the womens. We met Jud's friend Noelle's folks too.


When we got back to our tailgate, people beside us were grilling fab foods like racks o ribs and wings. Dwight had hooked us up with a bank tailgate so we headed there for barbeque, which was good but it was very chilly. Bobbie and I decided we wanted to be Bayer VIPs as their tent had sides and a rockin' band. Bobbie even helped herself to a VIP neck hanger. She's a mature 50 now...


We got patted down heading into the game - that was interesting. Paul had my bday flask stuffed into his drawers, but they must have missed it thank goodness! The game was tragic. What's new. Post game the rent a cops ran us out of the stadium pretty quickly as there is a Chiefs game today (Sunday), but Todd seemed to be having fun playing flippy cup. I decided to drink a little beer post game, but ate enough to offset it. We walked to a not so good barbeque place later - Jeffie got bad barbeque. After a breakfast at Waffle House we headed home. Another memorable weekend. Man I'm beat!






No comments: