Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween






Even though I rarely dress up, I love Halloween. This a.m., I chuckled watching the Today Show. The whole crew dressed up like Star Wars Characters. Matt drove in, as Luke of course, in some type of rocket ship. His hatch popped open and he said "Gee I was busy on my laptop" aka Northwest Airlines pilots who missed their stop in Minneapolis. Clever!

Al Roker was Han Solo. He asked Darth - hey is Jabba the Hut related to Pizza? Funny stuff. Hoda was Yoda of course. Kathy Lee - C3PO. Meredith was Princess Leia, complete with face widening braids. It reminded me how much I love that movie. It was unlike anything we'd ever seen before. Al Roker said he saw it three times the first day. Yep, he's one of those! Nerd alert.

The show also had a costume contest. People are so very creative! My fave was the winner - a gal who spent a week on her costume. Her head stuck through a railroad track, which featured a little body with dangy widdo wegs and feet, and a train on it's way to smash the damsel in distress. What a hoot!



Another bit of media cleverness for Halloween comes right from our own Creston News Advertiser. The two young sports writers dressed as the old media curmudgeons of town - Creston Radio sportscaster Gary Bucklin and CNA newsbeat/sports writer Larry Peterson. See the photo below.

No comments: