Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bass Pro

I finally made it out to the new Bass Pro Shop that opened in Altoona (s/b spelled Al tuna for the store! arar - pirate laugh). It does have an impressive aquarium, and on one end of the store there is a cool looking bowling alley and restaurant.

I tried on some on sale shorts but argh. Once again Mommy Dearest's legs were a deterrent to purchase. I really should never wear shorts, yet I do. Just should never look in a mirror at myself in shorts I guess.

So after striking out on sale clothing items, and lusting over Columbia and Northface stuff I looked at shoes. Put it this way - the store is no Scheel's. Or even a Family Shoe. On to gifts. I ended up purchasing a big alligator pillow for our nephew Brad's new baby boy, Noah. And I got a wrought iron frog garden dealie - like a stepping stone made of iron for sister Cindo for Xmas. Plus a couple cute Christmas ornaments for my nephew Colby and bro in law Bolder. We have the Lefebvres for Christmas.

And we're going to Vail (actually Edwards where the L's live) for Christmas. Sister Suso and hubby Jim and daughter Jordie will be there. Engaged daughter Leslie will stay in LA for the holidays. Amy, Juddy, Pablo and I will be there - enjoying being with the fam! Maybe even get in a day of skiing.

After our brief visit with Amy, the next time to see her seems to far off! Jud Bud is coming home Friday - hair cut, laundry and a meal at A&G are all on his agenda. We'll see what we can do to provide.

No comments: