Monday, February 8, 2010

Winter driving veteran


I didn't even have sweaty palms this a.m. as I drove through the latest storm from Creston to Des Moines. (and I didn't have to pee - which also helped..) I just put on my game face and trusty Ru (my trusty Subaru) to get me thru. Poetic, no?

My roomie and landlady Joan is outta town. She's on vacation with her husband Billy in sunny California. Well, it might not be sunny, and perhaps it's not so warm - but at least it's less sucky than Iowa. So I got to thinking (dangerous...no?). This is like when my parents went away and left us kids "home alone".

My sister Cindy had a party at our place at 202 Crombie one time when Betso was around 9. Cindo talked her into sitting in the front window watching for our parental units to come home. I'm not sure if she gave Betsy a code phrase to belt out if they drove up. Something like "the Eagles are landing!", so Cindy's friends could shoot out the back door and into the woods.

Another time, Betsy, the little goody two shoes herself, drove Dad's Lincoln Continental something like 50 miles when Mom and Dad were out of town. Little did she know he kept track of mileage. Hmmm wonder if Joanie knows how many miles are on her brand spankin' new pimped out Jeep? Since she leaves it in the garage, the mileage is still way low. I spose she'd notice if it went from 78 to say 178...and Jeff (Joan's bro) tells me her beer is like 6 years old. So a party is out!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I think she's got some Bailey's in the cupboard... that stuff's gotta age well, right?

lgold said...

I think she drew a line on that to make sure we didn't use it. ha!