Saturday, February 6, 2010

Unfortunate hair incident

I recently had another unfortunate hair incident. It's my own fault - not to self, do not trim bangs on the spur of moment using fingernail scissors when your hair is wet! I got 'em a lil short.

It reminds me of a couple other unfortunate incidents - like when I had Cindo cut my hair when she was home for the summer from college at Drake. She carved it up pretty good. I should have remembered how she had made our extra Skipper doll (Barbies little sis) into Skip. Oh well, it grows back - well mine did, but Skip's didn't.

Then there was that time I made an appointment to have my very first perm while I was in college at ISU. I made the appointment at Younkers Downtown for some strange reason!?!? that I don't remember. When I showed up for the perm, my hairdresser was - (very un PC) an African American woman. I thought - how is she going to know how to do my hair?

I was on my way home to Atlantic after the procedure - if you have ever had one, you'd know what I mean. Curler thingies and chemicals - quite the smell. The hair person told me not to wash it for something like 3 days. When I got home, I took one look in the mirror at my hair and I popped right in the shower. It was a Fro!

I'm waiting for my bangs to grow out a little bit before I go to get my hair cut. Yep, I'm embarrassed - feeling like a 3 year old who got a hold of the scissors.

No comments: