Monday, February 15, 2010

Another fave




Another one of my favorite authors has passed away - one I've been reading for the past 30 years or so. Dick Francis combined two of my loves, horses and suspense/mystery. He lived to be 89, and at the end wrote with his son Felix.

I so loved his love of horses, and his description of the racing and steeplechasing. His characters always had big hearts, and were so likable and agreeable. I wanted to be friends with them (especially if I could ride their horses). The characters often had problems/injuries. One character who appeared in more than one book had a racing injury that left him with a mechanical hand. Others were widowers or recovering alcoholics. I love a good character with a flaw...

Farewell, Dick Francis - I hope you get a good ride in heaven.

No comments: