Thursday, February 18, 2010

A woody

My woody experience is a failure. Get your mind out of the gutter - not that woody. Woody the hairdresser at Hair House (I know - what a name...I picture a house made out of hair - creepy!).

I had such luck with Amber there. You may recall I sadly broke up with my longtime hairdresser, cute Sheri Keefe from Hair Designers (see, much better than a house o' hair). I just couldn't keep going to Corning while commuting to Des Moines - it's the wrong way. Patti recommended Amber - not sure why as she didn't go to her...

So a year ago I began seeing Amber for my minimal hair care needs - a trim every 4-6 weeks and hi/low lights every three months. Amber up and got married in August, and decided to actually live with her husband in Bettendorf - I know, weird who would do that?? So she moved away on me.

I let my hair grow for the past 6 weeks, and then last week couldn't take it anymore. I panicked and called Woody - he owns the joint where Amber worked. He's very nice. But dang - he gave me a bad doo.

I explained my lack of the hair doing gene. He whipped out his curling iron whilst he was cutting. Now that's just not right - don't be doing something I won't be doing to it. Yeah, I know, he was working around my unfortunate hair incident (involving manicure scissors and my bangs). But it's kinda mullet like.

I'm going to have to break down and get me a big city hair doer. One that understands my needs.

And...as a side note - I had my massage needs met this week by Chris of Soul Essentials. Damn she is a magic worker - my neck/shoulder is in good hands with her. I only did a halfie (half hour) this month - but it did the trick! Tomorrow night I will be under the tender touch of Pablo the Pool Boy. He won't be concentrating on my back! (avert eyes you youngens).

No comments: